Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Sequels and Connections
If Gossamer, the novel, were to have a sequel, what do you think it would be about? Why? Do you see any connections between this story and themes, settings, and/or characters in Lois Lowry's The Giver, Gathering Blue, and/or Messenger? (Questions were written by Nikkie and Room 11 of Golda Meir - Milwaukee, WI.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- 10/19 - 10/26 (2)
- 10/12 - 10/19 (1)
- 10/05 - 10/12 (4)
- 09/28 - 10/05 (2)
- 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- 09/07 - 09/14 (3)
- 08/10 - 08/17 (1)
33 comments:
I think the sequel to Gossamer would be about the dream givers.
I think it would focous on Gossamer (littlest) and the new dream giver that she would be training.
Maybe the new assigned house would be John's home with his mother. Gossamer and her new dream-giver-in-training would help fight off sinisteeds.
The settings are kind of the same as the other books that Lois Lowry has wrote because all of her books have a dreamy, magical effect.
Frances Schlabowske - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
I think the sequel would be about Gossamer the dream - giver. She would go to her new assignment and there would be more meetings with the sinisteeds. Gossamer would also have a youngling to teach and look after.
Christopher Johnson - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I think if Gossamer had squeal I think Gossamer would be teaching new Littlest one how to have a gossamer touch just like Gossamer. I think that new Littlest wll be just as curious as Gossamer was.
Jalen Teague-Golda Meir-MIlwaukee
I believe the sequel that "The Giver" would have would be about Jonas living in and trying to get used to his new community. He probably start feeling and experiencing things in real life that he didn't receive from the Giver yet.
Molly-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think that if Gossamer were to have a sequel then it would probably be about Littlest teaching other young dream givers how to bestow dreams or maybe how to avoid sinisteeds. I think that in Gathering Blue and Gossamer are fantasy and include beasts.
Maddy K.-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
If Gossamer had a sequel I think it would be about John and his mother's life after he left the old ladies house. I think this because in the play it ended before they showed what happened to John and his mother. It's a connection between Gathering Blue and The Giver because they are all fantasy books.
Rickesha Jewell - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
If Gossamer had a sequel I think it would be about a sinesteed that turns to the light after seeing what happens to it's victim and tries to undo it. I don't see a connection in the three companion novels and Gossamer, other than the theme of memories. They all have a theme of memories, because the books are about, receiving memories, finding memories or giving memories.
Ian- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
If there were a sequel to the Gossamer it would be about how Gossamer raised and trained her assignment new littlest. Connections I see between The Giver, Gathering Blue and, Gossamer is that they are all not set in real time or are imaginable. They are all very mysteries.
Julie Pruske- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
If Gossamer had a sequel, it would maybe be about another dream giver. Or to even mix it up a little, maybe it would be about a sinisteed. Just like Gossamer, it could be about a dream givers adventure, but instead of giving happy dreams, it could decide to try to give a nightmare! Or maybe a dream giver meets a sinisteed and they become friends.
Sam-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
If Gossamer had a sequel I think it would be about littlest (gossamer) teaching the new littlest. I think this because I think (and hope) Lois Lowry would like to have the same main character. Not to mention it would have humor in it. I see some connections with Lois Lowry's Gathering blue because the sinisteads are like the beasts. I see the similarities with The Giver by the main character had to sacrifice himself in order to get a better world, sorta like Littlest saving John.
~Madison Cox~MIlwaukee~Golda Meir
If Gossamer, the novel were to have a sequel I think it would be about John's life with his mom. I think this because it would only make sense for that to happen because his mom wasn't there for him all his life. I do see connections between this story and Lowry's The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Messenger. For example: the Dream Givers in Gossamer aren't realistic like how the community and the village in the Giver and Gathering Blue is. Some of these books are futuristic.
-Darian -Milwaukee -Golda Meir
The sequel to Gossamer I think would be about Gossamer and her dream giver (maybe new Littlest) facing a bigger horde. Also, maybe Thin Elderly is the "heap master." John might also discover the dream givers.
I think that if there were a sequel to Gossamer, I think the sequel will be about Littlest and the new Littlest. I think Littlest will train New Littlest to become as skillful and gossamer as her. I think New Littlest will be twice as curious as Littlest. They struggle to save a person that was attacked by sinisteeds. Also I think one of the past dream givers will turn into a sinisteed.
Vang Yang-Golda Meir-Milwaukee
I think a sequel would be about a dream giver that becomes a sinisteed. It would be interesting to see what a sinsteed feels and thinks. Can a sinisteed become a dream giver again?
Katie-Golda Meir- Milwaukee
I think that a sequel of Gossamer would be about Gossamer teaching another dream giver. The story would be about the hardships of teaching another dream giver. Maybe Gossamer's aprentice would turn into a sinisteed.
Ernesto E. Mercado S. - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
I think that a sequel of Gossamer would be about Gossamer teaching another dream giver. The story would be about the hardships of teaching another dream giver. Maybe Gossamer's aprentice would turn into a sinisteed.
Ernesto E. Mercado S. - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
I think that a sequel of Gossamer would be about Gossamer teaching another dream giver. The story would be about the hardships of teaching another dream giver. Maybe Gossamer's aprentice would turn into a sinisteed.
Ernesto E. Mercado S. - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
I think that a sequel of Gossamer would be about Gossamer teaching another dream giver. The story would be about the hardships of teaching another dream giver. Maybe Gossamer's aprentice would turn into a sinisteed.
Ernesto E. Mercado S. - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
I think that a sequel of Gossamer would be about Gossamer teaching another dream giver. The story would be about the hardships of teaching another dream giver. Maybe Gossamer's aprentice would turn into a sinisteed.
Ernesto E. Mercado S. - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
I think a good plot line for a sequel to Gossamer would be to have it take place in the sinisteed lair. I think it would be cool to tell a story from the antagonist side versus the protagonist side which most stories take place. I think it would be neat to see what the sinisteeds are doing when they aren't inflicting nightmares.
Another good plot line to me would be for the new Littlest's story. I would like to know how gossamer would be meeting the new dream giver.
Paul-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think if there were to be a sequel to the book Gossamer I think it would be about the later life of "Gossamer" teaching the "new littlest" how to be a dream giver. Gossamer could tell new littlest something wrong and then she could get in trouble and have affiliation with the sinisteeds.
Adetola-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think that if Gossamer had a sequel Littlest would teach a new kid. She would probably tell the little kid everything she/he wants to know. Thats only so it won't be that curious. I think that there would be a new boy/girl with worst problems that littlest can handle. If there was a sequel I think it would be written better.
Antwon - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
If Gossamer was to have a sequel, it would probably have a newer character who is helped by littlest one or "The Gossamer". Maybe John would be attacked by the sinisteeds again, having "The Gossamer" and a new character save him. Also, I think the imaginary student that had nightmares would face "The Gossamer".
Chandler-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think that if there was a sequel it would be about john, the old lady, and the dog in a happy place and then the mom will come and get john and they will have a happy life without johns dad
The sequel to Gossamer I think would be about Gossamer and her dream giver (maybe new Littlest) facing a bigger horde. Also, maybe Thin Elderly is the "heap master." John might also discover the dream givers.
Weston - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I think that if Gossamer had a sequel it would be about John and his mom. I chose that because they will have a lot of memories together compared to their past. I think that the books are not similar to each other because they all have different settings and characters and problems.
Sabria-Milwaukee-Golda Meir.
If Gossamer had a sequel, I think it would be about John's life going on with his mother. I don't see connections with the other books except the fact that their are dreams and memories.
Adan-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
If there was a sequel to Gossamer I think it would be about the Sinisteeds. It's simply more interesting to see the darker or the sinister side of things. It may be about a Sinisteed's thoughts, assuming they have thoughts. It would be exciting to see Sinisteeds wreaking havoc. Deep down we may even cheer on the Sinisteeds for the purely interesting and exciting events that could happen if for once, evil prevails.
Thanhduy Tran - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
Post a Comment