Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Attitudes
Why is John's attitude affected by his past? Is your attitude affected by your past? How so? Do you think John will ever start being nice to Toby and the woman? What will it take for him to transform the way he looks at the world around him? How do you consciously change your attitude and viewpoints of the world when things haven't been going well? What advice could you give John? (Questions were written by Antwon, Maddy, and Room 11 of Golda Meir - Milwaukee, WI.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- 10/19 - 10/26 (2)
- 10/12 - 10/19 (1)
- 10/05 - 10/12 (4)
- 09/28 - 10/05 (2)
- 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- 09/07 - 09/14 (3)
- 08/10 - 08/17 (1)
28 comments:
When John first arrived at the lady's house he had a very bad attitude towards the lady and her dog Toby. I think John's attitude is affected by his past because he was treated badly by his dad and he doesn't want to get hurt mentally or physically any more. Yes, sometimes my attitude is affected by my past. Say for instance when I get yelled at by my dad I get over it but when I'm just sitting and thinking about it I get an attitude but, I get over it. I think John will start being nice to the women and Toby. I think this because I think he will realize that the women and her dog is there to help him not hurt him. I think all it will take for him to change his perspective on the world is someone to care about him. When things aren't going well for me I change my perspective on the world by either listening to music and thinking about something positive or calling my big brother and talking to him about it. He always makes e feel better.
-Darian -Milwaukee -Golda Meir
John's harsh attitude is affected by his past because his past was bad and harsh, and he doesn't know anything but harshness, so he can't change his attitude to be better.
My attitude isn't affected by my past, because I am a living-in-the-moment person. I don't think about what bad things happened last year, or what might happen next year. I think about how happy I am now to be where I am, and who I am.
I think John will begin to be nice to Toby and the woman because he is now going to school, where he can learn to be kind and learn to be gracious for things.
It will take a lot to change the way John thinks, but I think he will get better every day once he starts to see his mom at his school and make friends.
I would tell John to put his past behind him and enjoy how lucky he is to have his mom at his school and get to see her every day.
Frances Schlabowske - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
The reason I think that the reason that John's attitude is affected by his past is because he has been abused and hurt numerous of times in his past that's why he is so angry at the world. I think that John will be nice to the woman and the dog as their life together move on because he may realize that the dog and the woman both care about him and what he has went through. They want to make his life a whole life better by showing him that people actually do love him and care. It will take a lot of trust and love from them 3 to John for him to become happier. The way i change is getting over the point that brings me down. I look at happier things in life that will affect me in a good way. The advice that i would give John is i know that it would be hard to forget your past, but just try to forget those past bad memories that has made you so angry at the world. Try to start a new life with the dog and the woman and forgive those who have done you wrong. Forgive and move on.
Sabria-Milwaukee-Golda Meir.
John's attitude is affected by his past being that he was beaten by his father and was forced to eat dog food. My attitude isn't really affected by my past. John is already on his way to becoming nicer to the woman and Toby, so yes. The things that will help change John's view on the world is the woman being a positive influence.
Christopher Johnson - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I think John will be nice to Toby but I think he was mean to Toby because f his past with his father. I am affected by my past sometimes but if it is a bad thing I try to lose that thought. I think John will learn how to lose his bad thoughts and will start to be nice to Toby.
Jalen Teague-Golda Meir-MIlwaukee
I think John's attitude is affected by his past in many ways. Well, John used to live with an abusive father. The things that he did to him seemed to be the only thing he knew so it would make sense that John would blame himself. Where he came from, all he knew was hate and anger. So it makes sense that his attitude would be hateful and angry.
Adetola-Milwaukee-Golda Mier
John's attitude is affected by his past because he keeps on thinking that his dad is going to come back to abuse him again. John will start being nice to the old lady and Toby because he will get comfortable in his surroundings. I change my attitude if something is not going well by thinking of the bad things in a problem that happened that day. The advice that I give John is to keep his head up.
Rickesha Jewell - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
John's attitude towards the lady and Tobi is bad at first, and that's because his father originally abuses him and like father like son. He will get better when someone gives him the reality pull. I consciously get my attitude to change by crying (ha ha "very funny"). If I could give John some advice, it would be get real.
Ian- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
John's attitude is affected by his past because he got abused and he's afraid to cry and have fun because he thinks that he'll get hit. My attitude is changed from the past because I used to get mad at my friends until they would ignore me then I learned that I need to start being nice before I start losing my friends. Now I'm a nicer person. I think John will start being nice to the woman, because I think he will realize that the woman means no harm and she is the first person to be nice to John.
John's attitude towards the lady and Tobi is bad at first, and that's because his father originally abuses him and like father like son. He will get better when someone gives him the reality pull. I consciously get my attitude to change by crying (ha ha "very funny"). If I could give John some advice, it would be get real.
Ian- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
John had a bad attitude toward the lady and Toby. I think that John is an angry boy because he was treated extremely badly by his dad and his mom didn't do anything about it. My attitude isn't really affected by my past, since I like to live in the present. I saw the play so I know how John's attitude will change. I don't have any special techniques for changing my attitude.
Ernesto E. Mercado S.
John's attitude is affected by his dad beating his mom verbally and physically and mentally. John will be nice on the side I think. His viewpoints are different from others because of the rough way he was brought up. I would tell John to keep his head up keep the people he loves close and forget about everything else.
Antwon-Golda Meir-Milwaukee
I do not have anything that affected me today such as john. I think john did have a reason to have a bad attitude because he was emotionally and physically abused by his father. I think john will be nice later because he would see that the lady and the dog will not hurt him. So he will start to open up. I would say that his father was a very bad person and say that he is gone and will not come back, so don't worry. Now you will have a normal life you do not need to see your father anymore.
John's attitude is affected by his past because he was experiencing a lot of abuse in his past life and didn't really like that. He began to feel good while putting pain on the people around him. My attitude is affected by my past because my parents luckily do not at all abuse me very often and barely yell. I believe John will start being nice to Toby and the woman because they should him no anger when he told her to shut up or was inappropriate in any way. I believe this helped calm down and not be as mean and naughty anymore. I change my attitude by thinking of times that I have fun with my family and talk it through with my family. I would give John the advise to think of some happy times he had with his mom, like when they went to the beach.
Molly-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
John's attitude is affected by his past because he got abused and he's afraid to cry and have fun because he thinks that he'll get hit. My attitude is changed from the past because I used to get mad at my friends until they would ignore me then I learned that I need to start being nice before I start losing my friends. Now I'm a nicer person. I think John will start being nice to the woman, because I think he will realize that the woman means no harm and she is the first person to be nice to John.
Maddy K.-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
John's attitude is affected by his past because he was abused in his past and treated badly. So now he wants to treat everyone the same way he was. I think as the women treats him nicer and nicer he will eventually start being nice back. I think John will soon notice that the women and Toby are not going to hurt him and are there to help him. Sometimes my attitude is affected by my past because when I get in a argument then I get mad I get a very bad attitude and take my anger out on everyone. Then after a while I get over it cause you cant stay mad forever.
Danielle-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
John's attitude is affected by his past, because he had a violent past and he blamed himself and thought that was the way it was supposed to be, causing a very violent 8 year old... probably. My attitude is affected by my past, I like to think it has improved me, made me nicer, but I don't really know. I do think John will nice to Toby and the woman. I think it will take a story and the woman's patience. I change my view points by going into a book and listen to music when I'm angry and sad. I talk to my friends when I'm happy. If I could give John advice I'd say, "Don't hold grudges, they will only hurt you in the end."
~Madison Cox~Golda Meir~MIlwaukee
John's attitudes are affected by his past probably because he would get hit for reasons unknown and get scared but, by watching the incessant nagging and shrieking of the big, black box of a t.v. he was shown that he had to be a bully or else he would be bullied.
I don't have an experience to go off of shaping my thinking except the fact that I don't no hoow 2 spel.
Adan-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
John's attitude is affected by being abused by his father and watching his mother get abused by his father. However, in the way an 8 year old would, he blamed himself for something that wasn't remotely his fault. I am not affected by my past. Whenever I am insulted or yelled at I, for some reason, am not affected by it unless it's an adult. I simply shrug it off without knowing it; it's an automatic habit. Either that or I simple don't care. I realized I've recently cared less and less about many things.
Thanhduy Tran - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
Johns attitude is affected by his past because he is afraid it will happen again or that he'll get in trouble for things that he got in trouble for at his old life here at the old woman's house. He is also hurt physically and mentally. He as been beaten and called a loser. He eventually feels comfortable because he is safe and loved by the old woman and Toby. He also knows that his dad his gone and he'll be able to go back with his mom in a little while. I personally change my attitude when people change there attitude towards me, or if I'm mad. Advice I would give John is that he should forget his past and focus on his future. He should try to forget what happened to him and know that he is safe now and will stay safe
Julie- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
John had a bad attitude toward the lady and Toby. I think that John is an angry boy because he was treated extremely badly by his dad and his mom didn't do anything about it. My attitude isn't really affected by my past, since I like to live in the present. I saw the play so I know how John's attitude will change. I don't have any special techniques for changing my attitude.
Ernesto E. Mercado S. - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
I think that John's attitude is mean and rude because his dad's attitude was like that, so he was influenced and was known to that kind of life. I suppose that if my life was full of abuse, I would probably act like John, too. I think my attitude is also influenced by my past. I learn from my mistakes, so I know not to do "this" or "that" because it hurts me and the people around me.
You know, I've been thinking about John's dad and his childhood. Perhaps he was abused? I think it might've been a long line of abuse, and since no one probably treated John's dad with kindness, he learned to be abusive, too. Since John is learning kindness, maybe the line of abuse will stop. You can tell that John was getting better with his attitude. He was being nicer to Toby and the Old Woman.
I think kindness will help John understand that we, as humans, are here to help him, not harm him. His friends should show him that abuse is not appropriate and what happened to him wasn't fair.
When things aren't going well for me, I try to be happy and my friends are happy with me, so I get really happy again. LOL. I suppose happiness spreads. :) I think that in general, I'm a happy person. There will be times when I'm really down and maybe my friends can't cheer me up, so I will have to try and live with that fact that I can't be happy forever. I know that sounds too simple, but it sometimes helps. I really don't like being sad, so happiness can help. Think of happy things, think of the pluses of that situation, and it will help you to understand that things aren't so bad after all. :)
Nikkie - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
John's attitude was affected by his past because he experienced many problems of life so he knows things adults worry about. He has a very cranky attitude and likes to hide his nice side. His dad's personality affected his attitude because his dad disciplines him for reasons that aren't necessary.
Vang Yang-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
John's attitude is affected by his past, because if he was abused by his father he will try to be just like his father. This is because, his father was really nice before, but now he's angry and violent and John probably wants that nice part of his dad back. So, he acts like him to, maybe, get more respect or to see if that's what his dad wants. Yes, my attitude is affected by my past, because when I did something wrong I learn by not doing it again. I think John will start being nice to the woman and Toby, because Toby is lighting John's spirit by still giving John a chance. I think everyone giving John a chance will help him transform. I try to be nice to everybody to change myself and others by having a happy mood. I think John should try to be happy, too, that's my advice for him.
Clara - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
John is affected by his past, which is an abusive one. I believe that John will eventually be nice to Toby. I believe he will be nice because I have a feeling that even though he says he hates Toby, I think it's a front just like how he had to act at his house-with an act, a show, a front.
GR!
Weston - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
Post a Comment