Have you read other stories that have been adapted into plays? Which do you like better, the book or the play? Have you ever tried to write a book or a play? Which do you think is more challenging to write, and why?
I have seen a few books that were changed into plays. Most of the time, I think the books were sufficently better than the play. I think so because the play directors can't really portray what the author wants to portray through their writing. Also, you can't always do everything on stage. Certain things you can only do in writing.
I have read books that have been turned into plays. For example Hanna's suitcase and The Watsons go to Burmingham. I personally like the book better because in the book there are more scenes and it has more detail. The play doesn't include a lot of things that the books does. I have written a book and last year our class wrote a musical. A play is more challenging to write because you are limited to a certain amount of time and you have to assign cast and other things. Where as a book you can write whatever and it can be how long you want it to be.
i saw a couple of movies that got put into plays such as Shrek and others. I think it would be easier to make a movie than a play because in a movie you have scenes so you can break it up. In a play you have to play the play all the way through with no breaks. I like a movie better because you can see more action and they can do more affects with a movie than a play.
Oh. I completely hate reading a book then watching the play/movie afterward. I love books because you can IMAGINE while reading while in the play/movie you have to see what the makers want you to see. Anyway though, our whole class had to write a play and I, myself, have tried countless times to write stories and I do believe that writing a play is much easier.
We read The Giver last year and the book was better than the play. The book just made more sense and is clearer. The play wasn't really specific but you could picture it more.
I've read a couple stories that have been adapted into a play. In fact, when I read books and I really like them I sometimes wish someone would decide to make a play out of it. With the books that have turned into plays that I've read I like the book better. I like the book better because you get every detail and you can comprehend it better. Yes, I have written a play. It was not a whole play though. It was like two scenes. I think it is easier to write a play rather than a book. I think this is because in a book like I mentioned before you have to add every little detail. In a play you can cut somethings out but you have to make sure it's not the important "stuff" you cut out.
A book that has been transformed into a play was the book "Sideways Stories at Wayside School". I liked both, actually. I guess your opinion depends on what you doing. If you are visual, you'll like the play. I enjoy watching plays and reading books. But in a movie version, the book is always better. For some reason, they always, ALWAYS forget something important. But that doesn't mean the movie wasn't good. :) I think it is harder writing the actual book because you have to get in all the details and make sure that your book is clear. Writing a play based on a book,well, I think that should be easier because your are writing the play from an already written script. But organizing the play with all the props and stuff, it would probably be hard.
We actually rewrote a book and turned it into a play script. It was interesting. The book was "Al Capone Does My Shirts". The book was great! We don't know if the book will actually get turned into a play though, because it involves baseball and that might be hard to act out. Well, maybe they just won't choose it at all. But it's very fun, experiencing and writing a play.
I have never actually wrote a book or a play except when for a school writing assessment where we had to turn a chapter in a book I read in 6th grade. It was called Al Capone Does My Shirts. I've always found writing really hard. Most of my family members agree. I think it would be interesting to write a book. My dad is making a book now about his life. He is really far into it, but hasn't found anyone to publish it. I think writing is one of my hardest subjects.
I have read other books that have been adapted into plays, like the "Lily's Purple Plastic Purse" book. I think I like books better because you can imagine what they look like. But when you see the play or the movie, all of your imaginations go away and you have to see the story from the director's point of view. (By the way, I read that book when I was four. Just making sure you know. lol.)
yes i have red the giver , and hans suitcase. the plays because I am interested in the themes and seeing what the director did with the book to turn it into a play. I tried both i think it is easier to write a play because you are just switching the material from a book to the stage a book is you making the stuff in your own head your not copying something but you can get ideas from something.
yes i have red the giver , and hans suitcase. the plays because I am interested in the themes and seeing what the director did with the book to turn it into a play. I tried both i think it is easier to write a play because you are just switching the material from a book to the stage a book is you making the stuff in your own head your not copying something but you can get ideas from something.
I have read other stories that have been adapted into plays the play was "The Watson's go to Burmingham". What I liked better was the play, because I don't like reading that much and the play is sometimes better, because there are actual people playing the roles. I have tried to write a play before, the play was a book called "Al Capone Does My Shirts". Our teacher assigned each one of us a chapter to read and we had to write a script for that chapter. To me the most challenging to me to write is a play, because you have to use characters, dialouge and stage directions to write the play.
I have read stories that have been adapted into plays, I do not think the play is better mostly because you do not know the descriptions and how the people say something. I have tried writing a play and I think a play is actually easier.
I like books better than plays because you don't miss anything but in the plays parts get cut out. I think in plays you get a better feel of what the settings will look like.
I have read stories that have adapted into a play. Mines was the Giver. I like the book better than the play. I have tried to write a book. I think that the play is more challenging because there are more requirements to writing a play than a book. A play, you have to worry about making sure that it is about the book you wrote and trying to put every scene from the book and the play hopefully isn't as long as the book. So you would have to shorten the play so that it will fit in the time given.
There was once a crow. One day the crow's stomache rumbled. "I'm hungry." thought the crow. Going out to get food he was eaten by a bear. Soon some hunters shot and ate the bear and then a gigantic bunny went and ate the hunters. So the crow was essentially eaten 3 times. And in this he learned a valuble lesson. Sometimes giant bunnys eat people.
I think that many books are better when they are left as books. Some exeptions exist, but I find there usually pretty uncommon. The same is true for movies. Many shows are better as shows then books. I all depends on the book or show.
The book that got adapted into a play is Hannah's suitcase. I like the play better because I can get a better view of how the characters look and act. I never tried to write a book or a play. It's more challenging to write a play than a book because you have to worry about how the characters look and act and are they keeping the audience.
In my opinion, play adaptations of books are not as good as the books. Our class had tried to write a play adaptation of "Al Capone Does My Shirts" It was really hard to do, seeing as how we had to use similes and wrote one chapter per person. Book adaptations are hard to condense into a play, but a straight play is slightly easier in my opinion.
I've read many stories that became plays. Such as, Gossamer, The Giver, and Watsons Go to Birmingham. I've wrote book when I was 8 or 9 called, The Hip Hop Princess, based on Cinderella. I also tried writing a play, but I didn't succeed. It was from a book I read, but I forgot the name. It was really hard, because I had to exclude the thoughts and include all the stage directions. Therefore I believe it is more challenging to write a play, from a book, than to write a book.
A play I have seen that used to be a book was Hannah's Suitcase. I haven't wrote a play but I think it would be harder to write a play from a book, because you are required to write stuff instead of having your mind run freely.
I find it much easier to write a play than a book. I know from experience that you can easily take a book and take important parts and write a play with those parts. I also know that books are much better than plays. (Doesn't everybody know that!) Also some things in books are much harder to do or convey on stage.
Samuel Adam Alioto-Milwaukee,Wisconsin-Golda Meir Elementary/Middle School
I have read stories that have been adapted into plays. One was Al Capone does my shirts. I like the books better, because they DON'T cut stuff out. We did write 2 plays. They are POTTAGE, the musical (did as a S.S. project for skylight opera) and Al Capone (LA big test, one scene per kid). It's more challenging to write a book, because you usually write more than a play and are still prone to writer's block. Ian- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
I have read Giver. I might have read other books that have turned into plays, but I do not know of them. I have written a book and a play, the play Al Capone Does My Shirts, I find writing a book easier because in a book you can let all your ideas pour out and you can describe more. In a play a character might be portrayed wrong.
I have read books that have adapted into plays. Last year I read "The Giver" and I saw the play. In fifth grade, I read "Esperanza Rising" and saw the play. I liked both of the books better than the plays because they give more information and sometimes in the plays they change what happens in the book. Last year I wrote a play called "Pottage" with my class and I believe that writing a play is much easier than writing a book. Also last year, my class wrote a play that is based off a book called "Al Capone Does My Shirts". It is about a boy who's dad is a guard in Alkatraz and they move their. I believe writing a play based off of a book is much harder than writing your own because you have to put it in your own words but you have to still make it sound like the book.
I think it's harder to write a play than a book because, unlike a book, most plays have musical numbers. This would mean you'd have to write lyrics and make music for the play. For a book, you just have to stay on topic.
I think the book is almost always better than the play. A book can be any length. A play usually has to leave out certain things in the book to shorten the play. An author can develop characters better. The author can write what the character is thinking. This is not possible on stage.
I have read Charoette's Web and then it turned into a play.I think that the play was better because i am a visual learner and I can learn better and more fron what i see.I still think that the book is good too. I can see how the book shows them a picture in their mind and how that is different from my picture in my mind.
29 comments:
I have tried to write a book and I am working on the novel now. It's called "The Life and Times of the Crow".
Chandler-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I have seen a few books that were changed into plays. Most of the time, I think the books were sufficently better than the play. I think so because the play directors can't really portray what the author wants to portray through their writing. Also, you can't always do everything on stage. Certain things you can only do in writing.
Milwaukee-Adetola-Golda Meir
I have read books that have been turned into plays. For example Hanna's suitcase and The Watsons go to Burmingham. I personally like the book better because in the book there are more scenes and it has more detail. The play doesn't include a lot of things that the books does. I have written a book and last year our class wrote a musical. A play is more challenging to write because you are limited to a certain amount of time and you have to assign cast and other things. Where as a book you can write whatever and it can be how long you want it to be.
Danielle-Milwaukee- Golda Meir
i saw a couple of movies that got put into plays such as Shrek and others. I think it would be easier to make a movie than a play because in a movie you have scenes so you can break it up. In a play you have to play the play all the way through with no breaks. I like a movie better because you can see more action and they can do more affects with a movie than a play.
Ryan Ninko-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
Oh. I completely hate reading a book then watching the play/movie afterward. I love books because you can IMAGINE while reading while in the play/movie you have to see what the makers want you to see. Anyway though, our whole class had to write a play and I, myself, have tried countless times to write stories and I do believe that writing a play is much easier.
Adan AH- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
We read The Giver last year and the book was better than the play. The book just made more sense and is clearer. The play wasn't really specific but you could picture it more.
Antwon - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
I've read a couple stories that have been adapted into a play. In fact, when I read books and I really like them I sometimes wish someone would decide to make a play out of it. With the books that have turned into plays that I've read I like the book better. I like the book better because you get every detail and you can comprehend it better. Yes, I have written a play. It was not a whole play though. It was like two scenes. I think it is easier to write a play rather than a book. I think this is because in a book like I mentioned before you have to add every little detail. In a play you can cut somethings out but you have to make sure it's not the important "stuff" you cut out.
-Darian -Milwaukee -Golda Meir
A book that has been transformed into a play was the book "Sideways Stories at Wayside School". I liked both, actually. I guess your opinion depends on what you doing. If you are visual, you'll like the play. I enjoy watching plays and reading books. But in a movie version, the book is always better. For some reason, they always, ALWAYS forget something important. But that doesn't mean the movie wasn't good. :)
I think it is harder writing the actual book because you have to get in all the details and make sure that your book is clear. Writing a play based on a book,well, I think that should be easier because your are writing the play from an already written script. But organizing the play with all the props and stuff, it would probably be hard.
We actually rewrote a book and turned it into a play script. It was interesting. The book was "Al Capone Does My Shirts". The book was great! We don't know if the book will actually get turned into a play though, because it involves baseball and that might be hard to act out. Well, maybe they just won't choose it at all. But it's very fun, experiencing and writing a play.
Nikkie - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I have never actually wrote a book or a play except when for a school writing assessment where we had to turn a chapter in a book I read in 6th grade. It was called Al Capone Does My Shirts. I've always found writing really hard. Most of my family members agree. I think it would be interesting to write a book. My dad is making a book now about his life. He is really far into it, but hasn't found anyone to publish it. I think writing is one of my hardest subjects.
Paul-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I have read other books that have been adapted into plays, like the "Lily's Purple Plastic Purse" book. I think I like books better because you can imagine what they look like. But when you see the play or the movie, all of your imaginations go away and you have to see the story from the director's point of view. (By the way, I read that book when I was four. Just making sure you know. lol.)
Frances Schlabowske - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
yes i have red the giver , and hans suitcase. the plays because I am interested in the themes and seeing what the director did with the book to turn it into a play. I tried both i think it is easier to write a play because you are just switching the material from a book to the stage a book is you making the stuff in your own head your not copying something but you can get ideas from something.
Adam Abdul-Wahid
Golda Meir
yes i have red the giver , and hans suitcase. the plays because I am interested in the themes and seeing what the director did with the book to turn it into a play. I tried both i think it is easier to write a play because you are just switching the material from a book to the stage a book is you making the stuff in your own head your not copying something but you can get ideas from something.
Adam Abdul-Wahid
Golda Meir
I have read other stories that have been adapted into plays the play was "The Watson's go to Burmingham". What I liked better was the play, because I don't like reading that much and the play is sometimes better, because there are actual people playing the roles. I have tried to write a play before, the play was a book called "Al Capone Does My Shirts". Our teacher assigned each one of us a chapter to read and we had to write a script for that chapter. To me the most challenging to me to write is a play, because you have to use characters, dialouge and stage directions to write the play.
Devin- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
I have read stories that have been adapted into plays, I do not think the play is better mostly because you do not know the descriptions and how the people say something. I have tried writing a play and I think a play is actually easier.
Christopher Johnson - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I like books better than plays because you don't miss anything but in the plays parts get cut out. I think in plays you get a better feel of what the settings will look like.
Jalen Teague-Golda Meir
I have read stories that have adapted into a play. Mines was the Giver. I like the book better than the play. I have tried to write a book. I think that the play is more challenging because there are more requirements to writing a play than a book. A play, you have to worry about making sure that it is about the book you wrote and trying to put every scene from the book and the play hopefully isn't as long as the book. So you would have to shorten the play so that it will fit in the time given.
Sabria-Milwaukee-Golda Meir.
There was once a crow. One day the crow's stomache rumbled. "I'm hungry." thought the crow. Going out to get food he was eaten by a bear. Soon some hunters shot and ate the bear and then a gigantic bunny went and ate the hunters. So the crow was essentially eaten 3 times. And in this he learned a valuble lesson. Sometimes giant bunnys eat people.
I think that many books are better when they are left as books. Some exeptions exist, but I find there usually pretty uncommon. The same is true for movies. Many shows are better as shows then books. I all depends on the book or show.
Simon B.-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
The book that got adapted into a play is Hannah's suitcase. I like the play better because I can get a better view of how the characters look and act. I never tried to write a book or a play. It's more challenging to write a play than a book because you have to worry about how the characters look and act and are they keeping the audience.
Rickesha Jewell - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
In my opinion, play adaptations of books are not as good as the books. Our class had tried to write a play adaptation of "Al Capone Does My Shirts" It was really hard to do, seeing as how we had to use similes and wrote one chapter per person. Book adaptations are hard to condense into a play, but a straight play is slightly easier in my opinion.
Weston - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I've read many stories that became plays. Such as, Gossamer, The Giver, and Watsons Go to Birmingham. I've wrote book when I was 8 or 9 called, The Hip Hop Princess, based on Cinderella. I also tried writing a play, but I didn't succeed. It was from a book I read, but I forgot the name. It was really hard, because I had to exclude the thoughts and include all the stage directions. Therefore I believe it is more challenging to write a play, from a book, than to write a book.
Clara - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
A play I have seen that used to be a book was Hannah's Suitcase. I haven't wrote a play but I think it would be harder to write a play from a book, because you are required to write stuff instead of having your mind run freely.
Maddy K.-Milaukee-Golda Meir
I find it much easier to write a play than a book. I know from experience that you can easily take a book and take important parts and write a play with those parts. I also know that books are much better than plays. (Doesn't everybody know that!)
Also some things in books are much harder to do or convey on stage.
Samuel Adam Alioto-Milwaukee,Wisconsin-Golda Meir Elementary/Middle School
I have read stories that have been adapted into plays. One was Al Capone does my shirts. I like the books better, because they DON'T cut stuff out. We did write 2 plays. They are POTTAGE, the musical (did as a S.S. project for skylight opera) and Al Capone (LA big test, one scene per kid). It's more challenging to write a book, because you usually write more than a play and are still prone to writer's block.
Ian- Milwaukee- Golda Meir
I have read Giver. I might have read other books that have turned into plays, but I do not know of them. I have written a book and a play, the play Al Capone Does My Shirts, I find writing a book easier because in a book you can let all your ideas pour out and you can describe more. In a play a character might be portrayed wrong.
~Madison Cox~Golda Meir~Milwaukee
I have read books that have adapted into plays. Last year I read "The Giver" and I saw the play. In fifth grade, I read "Esperanza Rising" and saw the play. I liked both of the books better than the plays because they give more information and sometimes in the plays they change what happens in the book. Last year I wrote a play called "Pottage" with my class and I believe that writing a play is much easier than writing a book. Also last year, my class wrote a play that is based off a book called "Al Capone Does My Shirts". It is about a boy who's dad is a guard in Alkatraz and they move their. I believe writing a play based off of a book is much harder than writing your own because you have to put it in your own words but you have to still make it sound like the book.
Molly-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think it's harder to write a play than a book because, unlike a book, most plays have musical numbers. This would mean you'd have to write lyrics and make music for the play. For a book, you just have to stay on topic.
Chandler-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think the book is almost always better than the play. A book can be any length. A play usually has to leave out certain things in the book to shorten the play. An author can develop characters better. The author can write what the character is thinking. This is not possible on stage.
Katie-Golda Meir- Milwaukee
I have read Charoette's Web and then it turned into a play.I think that the play was better because i am a visual learner and I can learn better and more fron what i see.I still think that the book is good too. I can see how the book shows them a picture in their mind and how that is different from my picture in my mind.
Vang Yang-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
Post a Comment