All of the characters in GOSSAMER must go through different changes, which can be very scary at times. What is a change you have gone through—either big or small? How did you feel about having to go through this change, and what did you do to help you cope with this change?
A change i have had is me going to Golda Meir from my old school and leaving my friends behind. I was vey lonely for the 3rd grade. This was a big change. I just left the problem alone and really didn't cope with it...
When I was 5 years old I had really long hair, but I got gum stuck in it all over, and we had to cut it really short. It was so wierd when I went to school because everyone was staring at me and laughing. It was hard at first, but my friends told me it was actually pretty cool, so I decided I could live with it. :D
Well one change, that is actually quite small, was when I was scared of the dark. I used to check the closet and under my bed before I went to sleep. My mom seemed to notice my paranoia and told me a story saying that all monsters and ghosts were scared of stuffed animals. I then always slept with my teddy bear, I wasn't scared of the dark anymore!
Wow. All the changes I've had turned me (literally) from a midget to a giant. Although it's not the most exciting change going from 4' 8" to 5' 4" was a complete thrill to me. To help me go through this exciting yet painful change there was my mom and her credit card to buy clothes that fit.
I've have gone through change being treated like an adult. Like not getting what you want all the time anymore. You cope with that change because you get over it after a while and you can always still be that little kid but not always get what you want. There are a lot of changes John has to go through, personally I could not have done that.
The change that I have had to cope with is the change of school in the third grade. When I got to the school I was a little scared but I made it work. Then I met some friends one of them is still in my class today her name is Darian. She made that first day in school way more fun.
A change I went through was when I moved from Minneapolis to Milwaukee. I was very mad and didn't want to leave my friends. I didn't care for leaving the girl across the street though. She was mean!!! But to cope with the problem I made friends and now I have best friends. Now I'm glad I moved here and I don't want to move back.
A change I went through was moving to golda meir and third grade it was hard, but I made new friends and kept one that went with me:). Third grade rocked though and I LOVE the school now. All's well ends well. (yes I quoted shakespeare)
A change I had was from going from my old school and leaving all my friends to come to Golda Meir. I thought that I wouldn't like this school but then I met some of my best friends that I will remember for my whole life.
A change I went through when I was in fifth grade was when my grandpa died. It was after a theater class and I had a good time and was happy. I also went through a change when I was eight and I found out I was going to have a little sister.
One change that I went through that all the other kids on my class went through is switching schools. The school I go to starts at 3rd grade level and so I switched to Golda Meir at 3rd grade. I had lived in neighborhood school and wasn't used to school buses, but was able to adjust quite easily with new friends I met.
Big kids. Really big kids. Kids with much grander ideas. Kids with much more to say. I didn't know what I was getting myself into last year when I made the leap from teaching fourth grade to middle school.
After all of the feelings of apprehension cleared, I couldn't be happier with my decision! Was it difficult to leave behind the comfortable feeling of teaching nine year-olds? Sure! But if I hadn't, I wouldn't have opened my eyes to the wonderful world of middle schoolers. Middle schoolers are enlightening, passionate, and inspiring. They teach me something new on a daily basis; for that, I am grateful I made the leap.
To make things even better? I'm afforded the opportunity to teach some of my previous students AGAIN! Seeing a group of friendly, and FAMILIAR, faces those first days of my drastic change made all the difference.
Sarah Biermann - Educator - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
When I was young I was really bad. I used to beat people on purpose. But I eventually found out that, that was mean and wrong. So I stopped and changed my ways. I learned my lesson. I really never liked doing that. I just wanted to feel superior.
I've been through a lot of changes in my life. One big change I had to cope with is moving to a different school in 3rd grade. This was big for me because I was young and I didn't know any one. I coped with this by adapting and opening up to new people I had no clue about. All of these people I met in 3rd grade I still know today and we are actually really close.
One change I have gone through is leaving my previous school and going to Golda. I left back friends and had to make new friends. As I went to the school longer and longer then I got friends and didn't feel as bad. Another change I went through is in 5th grade when we graduated all of my friends left to go to other middle schools. Then I had to make new friends again.
16 comments:
A change i have had is me going to Golda Meir from my old school and leaving my friends behind. I was vey lonely for the 3rd grade. This was a big change. I just left the problem alone and really didn't cope with it...
Christopher Johnson - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
When I was 5 years old I had really long hair, but I got gum stuck in it all over, and we had to cut it really short. It was so wierd when I went to school because everyone was staring at me and laughing. It was hard at first, but my friends told me it was actually pretty cool, so I decided I could live with it. :D
Frances Schlabowske - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
Well one change, that is actually quite small, was when I was scared of the dark. I used to check the closet and under my bed before I went to sleep. My mom seemed to notice my paranoia and told me a story saying that all monsters and ghosts were scared of stuffed animals. I then always slept with my teddy bear, I wasn't scared of the dark anymore!
~Madison Cox~Golda Meir~Milwaukee
Wow. All the changes I've had turned me (literally) from a midget to a giant. Although it's not the most exciting change going from 4' 8" to 5' 4" was a complete thrill to me. To help me go through this exciting yet painful change there was my mom and her credit card to buy clothes that fit.
Adan AH- Milwaukee -Golda Meir
I've have gone through change being treated like an adult. Like not getting what you want all the time anymore. You cope with that change because you get over it after a while and you can always still be that little kid but not always get what you want. There are a lot of changes John has to go through, personally I could not have done that.
Antwon - Golda Meir- Milwaukee
The change that I have had to cope with is the change of school in the third grade. When I got to the school I was a little scared but I made it work. Then I met some friends one of them is still in my class today her name is Darian. She made that first day in school way more fun.
Rickesha Jewell - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
A change I went through was when I moved from Minneapolis to Milwaukee. I was very mad and didn't want to leave my friends. I didn't care for leaving the girl across the street though. She was mean!!! But to cope with the problem I made friends and now I have best friends. Now I'm glad I moved here and I don't want to move back.
Maddy K.-Golda Meir-Milwaukee
A change I went through was moving to golda meir and third grade it was hard, but I made new friends and kept one that went with me:). Third grade rocked though and I LOVE the school now. All's well ends well. (yes I quoted shakespeare)
Ian-Golda Meir- Milwaukee
A change I had was from going from my old school and leaving all my friends to come to Golda Meir. I thought that I wouldn't like this school but then I met some of my best friends that I will remember for my whole life.
Jalen Teague-Golda Meir-Milwaukee
A change I went through when I was in fifth grade was when my grandpa died. It was after a theater class and I had a good time and was happy. I also went through a change when I was eight and I found out I was going to have a little sister.
Molly Schuller-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
One change that I went through that all the other kids on my class went through is switching schools. The school I go to starts at 3rd grade level and so I switched to Golda Meir at 3rd grade. I had lived in neighborhood school and wasn't used to school buses, but was able to adjust quite easily with new friends I met.
Paul-Golda Meir-Milwaukee
Big kids. Really big kids. Kids with much grander ideas. Kids with much more to say. I didn't know what I was getting myself into last year when I made the leap from teaching fourth grade to middle school.
After all of the feelings of apprehension cleared, I couldn't be happier with my decision! Was it difficult to leave behind the comfortable feeling of teaching nine year-olds? Sure! But if I hadn't, I wouldn't have opened my eyes to the wonderful world of middle schoolers. Middle schoolers are enlightening, passionate, and inspiring. They teach me something new on a daily basis; for that, I am grateful I made the leap.
To make things even better? I'm afforded the opportunity to teach some of my previous students AGAIN! Seeing a group of friendly, and FAMILIAR, faces those first days of my drastic change made all the difference.
Sarah Biermann - Educator - Golda Meir - Milwaukee
When I was young I was really bad. I used to beat people on purpose. But I eventually found out that, that was mean and wrong. So I stopped and changed my ways. I learned my lesson. I really never liked doing that. I just wanted to feel superior.
Vang Yang-Golda Meir-Milwaukee
I've been through a lot of changes in my life. One big change I had to cope with is moving to a different school in 3rd grade. This was big for me because I was young and I didn't know any one. I coped with this by adapting and opening up to new people I had no clue about. All of these people I met in 3rd grade I still know today and we are actually really close.
-Darian -Milwaukee -Golda Meir
One change I have gone through is leaving my previous school and going to Golda. I left back friends and had to make new friends. As I went to the school longer and longer then I got friends and didn't feel as bad. Another change I went through is in 5th grade when we graduated all of my friends left to go to other middle schools. Then I had to make new friends again.
Danielle-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
One change I've had to go through is moving. My family moves lot, and it was very hard for a while.
It wasn't so much after the 4th or 5th time.
Simon B.-Millwakee-Golda Meir
Post a Comment