How are the Dream Givers and the Sinisteeds described in the book? What do you think Littlest and all the Dream Givers and the Sinisteeds are going to look like in the play? How do you think the director of the play will use costumes, sound effects and lighting effects to portray these non-human characters?
Read through the descriptions other kids came up with. How are these comments similar or different than yours.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- 11/02 - 11/09 (4)
- 10/19 - 10/26 (2)
- 10/12 - 10/19 (1)
- 10/05 - 10/12 (4)
- 09/28 - 10/05 (2)
- 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- 09/07 - 09/14 (3)
- 08/10 - 08/17 (1)
36 comments:
The sinisisteeds and the dream givers are described as dream givers and nightmare givers. The sinisisteeds are mostly the nightmare givers and the dream givers are the dream givers that people enjoy. i think at the pay the sinisisteeds and the dream givers are very small creatures. The sinisisteeds I think are going to be very evil and dangerous creatures. the dream givers i think are going to be very sweet and nice dream givers.
Sabria-Milwaukee-Golda Meir.
The Dream Givers are described as light, fluttery, and they give good dreams to kids and adults. They are also known to have wings. Sinisteeds are horse like creatures that give kids and adults nightmares. In the play I think the dream givers are going to have wings and a fluffy dress on for girls. The sinisteeds are going to be brown and have horns. Also they are going to have hoofs also. When the Sinisteeds come out on the stage you are going to here loud booms and galloping.
Rickesha -Milwaukee - Golda Mier
I think the sinisteeds are like black horses with flaring nostrils of doom. A person in my class said that they may also look like centaurs (half horse and half human). Which is why they pound the ground so hard, because another classmate says horses can also be light on their feet/hooves.
Chris-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think that the Dream Givers will be little kids, the Sinisteeds will be little horse puppets. I also think that the Dream Givers will try to beat the Sinisteeds at giving John dreams. The setting for the story will be at the old woman's house and the Dream GIvers will be a change of setting like a flip flop. The Dream Givers are light,fluttery and elegant. The Sinisteeds are horse like and obnoxious.
Antwon - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I believe that in the play, the sinisteeds will be made to look like centaurs-at least I hope they'll be centaurs. I also think Littleist will be wearing lighter colored clothes-maybe white, and wings to symbolize fluttering. Also, the sinisteeds will act wild because of their evilness. The dream givers will move lightly and quietly because of their work.
Weston - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
The dream givers are light and floaty, and very happy and easygoing. On the other side, the sinisteeds are dark, heavy on their feet, (as much as I hate to say it...) they are also horse-like. The sinisteeds are the complete opposite of the dream givers from what we know already.
Frances - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
Some had mentioned the Sinisteeds being represented by centaurs in the play. Although that would be interesting, it would make them seem too human. They are manifestations of remorse, guilt, darkness and etc. They are manifested as angry black horses with flared nostrils and fiery hooves. They should be shown as such. How they will show that depth and intensity is hard to imagine but we'll find out at the play.
Thanhduy - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I think that Littlest and the Dream Givers will look light and fluttery. They may even look like fairies! Littlest and the Dream Givers may walk across the stage or even dance across the stage in a ballet sort of fashion. Now the Sinisteeds, I think that they will rampage or even do flips and somersaults across the stage. I think the Sinisteeds will look dark and freaky. Maybe, even with dark make-up and dark clothing. They also may resemble horses.
Samuel - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
The Dream Givers are described in the book to be light fluttery and have wings. The Sinisteeds are described in the book to be horse like creatures. I think the Dream Givers will be symbolized with smooth music. I think the Sinisteeds will be symbolized with hard music. I think the lights will be flickery for them. For the Dream Givers I think their lights will be easy and light.
-Darian -Milwaukee -Golda Meir
I think The sinisteads look like horses but have really big heads, and their eye's are yellow with red irises. I think they will be portrayed by puppets, I also think the dreamgivers are going to be portrayed by puppet's because they are described as small.
Madison-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
The dream-givers and the sinisteeds are described as having wings and human body parts and looking like horses (in that order). So I think that the actors might put on a horse costume for the sisteeds and put on fake wings in nightgowns for the dream-givers.
Ernesto E. Mercdo S.-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
In the book the dream givers are described as nice, fluttery, fairy like creatures but the sinisteeds are scary, loud, horse like creatures that stink really bad. I think that when the sinisteeds come the lighting will be all dark to create a scarier effect. I think the costumes for the dream givers will be fairy like. All glittery with wings.
Maddy-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think that Littlest will be a child in the play because in the book, she seems younger than the other dream givers. Her wings are less visible than the older dream givers' wings.
I think that the older dream givers' wings are more visible and they have more experience than Littlest. In the play, maybe they might show the wings as larger for the older dream givers and smaller for Littlest.
In the play, we got a clue that the Sinisteeds might be puppets. I thought that was very interesting. I don't recall First Stage ever doing that! It's new to me so it'll be exciting to see! I imagine that the Sinisteeds will be dark and evil.... Almost devil like. But in the book, they describe them as "horse-like". I never would have imagined them as "horse-like". I always imagined them as little devils that are dark and gloomy. But also, Lois Lowry described them as making loud noises like hoof beats. You could hear them because they were so loud at night! I think during the play, that they might add sound affects as the Sinisteeds enter into the play.
I'm very excited to see "Gossamer" because I'm really enjoying the book! I am excited to see how things turn out! :)
Nikkie - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
I think that the lighting and the costumes will very bright because it said that the dream givers disolve. So I think that the lighting would be bright, the costume would not be colorful but almost transparent.
Ryan-milwaukee-Golda Meir
I believe that First Stage would use little kids in blue fairy costumes and beards (for thin Elderly) as Dream-Givers. I think that the Sinisteeds would be dark shapeless puppets. The lights would be dimmed (Ooh Scary!) in the night scenes and lighter in the day.
What do you think would be a good word (MADE-UP) to describe ANY of the characters?
Adan- Milwaukee- Golda-Meir
I think the dream givers seem to be tiny, friendly creatures, maybe fairies because it said they can flutter. The sinisteeds are big, mean, loud and scary horse-like creatures. Ithink for the dream givers the theater will make everything else really big so the dream givers look big. I think they will use lighting to make the dream givers glow. The main thing I wonder is how the theater will make the sinisteeds look.
Paul-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
In the book, the Dream Givers would look really fluttery with wings and i can visualize them wearing light colors. They all seem to be really careful when they take fragments from past items holding memories. To me they are described as little creatures who can feel like humans and think like humans. To conclude they seem to be human-like.
Vang-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think the lighting and the costumes in the play will be a sight to see. They probably will dim the lights most of the time because the majority of the play is taking place in the night.
The dream givers are very interesting creatures and it would be very interesting to see how they will portray them. If they are humans, they would have to adapt to the description of the dream givers. I wonder how they will bestow the dreams...
The sinisteeds! Will they be puppets or humans? How will the cast adapt to the description of the sinisteeds?
Adetola - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
In the book the dream givers are described as a very small creature that is fairy like and soft that gives dreams to humans. The sinisteeds are described as a horrid creature who is horse like and stinks very badly who gives nightmares. In the play I believe Littliest might look like a glowing child with small wings. She might have ballet slippers and have a colorful dress like tinkerbell. Sinisteeds might look like a horse with an upper half of a human with flaming red eyes. I think the directors will have huge small materials. Such as the button being 5 feet tall! As Littliest is actually 4 feet tall.
Clara - Milwaukee - Golda Meir
The dream givers are light and are very sweet. They are brightly colored. Sinisteeds are very heave and are really selfish. They are black and brown. I believe that in the play, the dream givers will be normal-sized and will be played by actors. They will wear bright colored dresses and suits. I think that sinisteeds will be played by actors as well. They will wear dark suits and dresses. The furniture around will be large. You will hear very loud noises in the background as they come and are on the stage.
Molly-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think Littlest will be very young , about 5 years old and kind of wearing old clothes with some holes in them. I think the Dream Givers will look very colorful and light on the tippy toes and fluttery. The Dream Givers were known to have wings. I think the Sinisteeds will be dressed really dark, talk with deep voices and stomping when they're walking. The Sinisteeds are known to be horse like creatures.
Devin- Milwaukee - Golda Meir
Dream givers are smaller than humans. They are very light and move silently. They can appear and reappear at will. They can also hover.
Sinisteeds are evil creatures similar to horses. The Sinsteeds are bigger and more powerful than dream givers. Can sinisteeds disappear and reappear at will?
Katie-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
The dream givers are described as light,fluttery, quite and give good dreams to people. The the Dream Givers and Sinisteeds will look real. I think the director will make the make the sounds effects seem loud and scary for the sinisteeds.
Jalen-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
In the book the Dream Givers are described as light footed fairy like creatures that transfer dreams. The Sinisteeds are described as horse like creatures that make a loud hissing sound and transfer nightmares. I think in the play the Dream Givers will be played as people and the Sinisteeds will be played as puppets. Also I think when the Sinisteeds enter the play i think it will get all dark and they will play scary music.
Danielle-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think in the book the sinisteeds look like little scary centaurs and the dream givers look like little fluttery fairies like tinkerbell. In the play I think that the sinisteeds will be played by puppets or by little people that are angry looking. I think the little fairies dream givers will be played by small people that are light and fluttery and look like they can fly.
Julie-Milwaukee-Golda Meir
I think the sinisteeds will be portrayed as horses, because they're siniSTEEDS. The dream givers will be portrayed as humans, but because they (both) are so small they will be puppets.
Ian-Milwaukee-Golda Mier
The sinisteeds are described as dark evil strong creatures that bring part of the conflict in the book. The dream givers are considered the light and good part of the book.I think there will be very colorful and dark costumes or some sort of peaceful butterfly sounds or a dark herd of things.
Adam-Milwaukee-Golda Meir.
I think the dream givers will be very good looking and have wings.They will have makeup on. The sinisisteeds maybe evil,mean,walk hard,and ugly
vivevca-millwaukee-golda meir
I imagine the sinisteeds will be like dark horses, but in the play, I think the actors will probably dress up in black and make loud noises on stage.
I think that the animal Tobi the dog and the sinisisteeds will be played by pupets- with the pupeteers wearing completely black costumes.
Simon-Milwaukee-Golda Mier
Post a Comment