Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lowry's Literature

What book is your favorite by Lois Lowry? Does this book share any themes with Gossamer?

14 comments:

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book is Gossamer. Because i love the whole theme and genre. The dream givers help give out what the genre is. It's a great story, very loving. This story shows many relationships between John and his mom, John and the dog, and John and the old woman. Most importantly shows the relationship between John and his dad. That relationship brings most of the pain to his memories.

Sabria-Milwaukee-Golda Meir.

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book by Lois Lowry is " A Book of Memories". The only thmes with "Gossamer" it shares is being about memories.


Adan-Milwaukee-Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book by Lowry is Number the Stars. I like the plot of the theme. The story to place in Denamrk and that is where my class was going to travel at the time. It was a good book with a very touching theme. It go's down as one of my favorite books.


Antwon - Golda Meir - Milwaukee

Mrs. Biermann said...

I haven't read any of Lowry's books other than ones that I read in school. Those include : The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Number the Stars. My Favorite of those would be The Giver because of how it is able to capture into the book so well. It has a really interesting story line and has very neat concepts.

Paul-Milwaukee-Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Biermann said...

The best book from Lois that I have read is "Gathering Blue" and I don't think there are any similar themes.

Chris - Milwaukee - Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

One of my favorite books is Riding Freedom. This book doesn't relate to Gossamer because it is about a orphan girl that likes to ride and take care of horses. But she can't because she is a girl. It doesn't really have any similarities with Gossamer except for the fact that she had to live with someone else and not her parents like John had to stay with the old women until his mother got things together.

Danielle-Milwaukee-Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book by Lois Lowry is Gathering Blue. Partly because we also just read this book in class, but also because it is a very interesting book on its own. It is about a girl named Kira who is crippled and has a talent for weaving.

Frances Schlabowske - Milwaukee - Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book by Lois Lowry is Number the Stars. It takes place in Denmark and centers around a Jewish teenager who must live with her best friend during World War II. If she doesn't, she will captured by the Nazis. The book has a heroine, similar to The Gossamer. Also, both books have the characters face dark forces (Nazis in Number the Stars, Sinesteeds in The Gossamer).
Chandler-Milwaukee-Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book by Lois Lowry is Gathering Blue. This is because I really enjoy the characters in this book. I think I could relate to some of them in some type of weird way. [LOL] I don't think this book shares any theme with Gossamer.

-Darian -Milwaukee -Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

My other favorite book by Lois Lowry is Gatheing Blue. This book does not connect with Gossamer.

Rickesha- Milwaukee- Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book by Lois Lowry is Gathering Blue. This is because I really enjoy the characters in this book. I think I could relate to some of them in some type of weird way. [LOL] I don't think this book shares any theme with Gossamer.

-Darian -Milwaukee -Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book by Lois Lowry is Gathering Blue. The only themes that this book shares with Gossamer is both titles start with the letter G and the both have the main character of a female (even though littliest is a fairy like creature I still think of her as a female).

~Clara-Milwaukee-Golda Meir

Mrs. Biermann said...

My favorite book by Lois Lowry is The Giver. The Giver and Gossamer both are about memory.






Katie-Milwaukee-Golda Meir